'Today Prepares Tomorrow'
'Seeking today's opportunities -Meeting tomorrow's challenges'
The Gowrie Primary school community will provide quality education in a secure and caring background where children, teachers and parents can work together as a team, and where children are respected and their skills are seen and developed. Together we will seek paths that will give students the power to aim for a happy and enjoyable life as caring and responsible people.
To provide for each child the opportunity and encouragement to:
- Develop a desire for learning
- Develop literacy and numeracy skills to the point of individual excellence
- Develop creativity in all fields of interest and skill
- Develop physically and maintain a healthy balanced life style
- Develop an understanding of our society and the need for individual social responsibility
- Develop scientific and technical skills and an understanding of the role of science and technology in society
- Develop ICT (Information and Communication Technbology skills for life-long learning
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of, and confidence to participate in the visual and performing arts
- Develop independence and initiative, leadership and decision making skills
- Develop a positive self-image and emotional maturity.