Gowrie Primary School
Gowrie Primary School Open Day
For 2016 prospective students from Preschool - Year 6 Information session and school tour
Please see Gowrie Open Day 2015 flyer for detail.
Gowrie Primary School offers:
- A school vision focusing on excellence, innovation and inclusivity
- An environment where academic excellence is valued and encouraged
- Excellent curriculum with a strong focus on Numeracy, Literacy and a core belief of Inquiry Based Integrated Curriculum
- A collaborative, inclusive school community that values diversity and offers an Autism Specific program as well as a Learning Suppport Centre
- Membership to the Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative
- A stong positive Values Program 'Everyone Counts' including 'Bounce Back', Promoting Positive Behaviours, Habits of Mind, Kids Matter, and Restorative Practices to create a safe and caring culture.
- Physical Education program including sporting clinics, school and zone carnivals
- Visual and performing arts opportunities including a senior school Instrumental Music Program and whole school Dance Program
- A range of enrichment programs including Maths Olympiad,Tournament of Minds(TOM), Chess Club, Sporting clubs at lunchtime, including skipping, Oztag, Choir, Instrumental Music Program (IMP) and ICT clubs.
- A Homework/Study Club after school on Thursday afternoons in terms one and and three - to promote sound study skills and strengthen learning concepts
- A Gardening Club after school in terms two and four- to promote environmental responsibility